Learn all about Calmbirth®, Australia’s most acclaimed, recommended and trusted childbirth education program.
Calmbirth® was the first childbirth education program in Australia to recognise the inter-relationship between the mind and body in birth. There is a powerful connection between a woman’s emotional state and the way her body responds in birth. Calmbirth® uses this mind-body connection to assist couples to replace the fear, stress and anxiety about giving birth with the knowledge and skills to give birth calmly, fearlessly, safely and confidently.
You will learn:
- Birth choices – The different approaches to birth, today’s birth culture, what to expect and how Calmbirth® can help
- Understanding the psychology of birth – How your mental state, thoughts and beliefs leading up to and on the day of birth not only dictate your experience of birth, but also the way your body works during labour and birth
- The physiology of birth – Explains the four stages of labour and how your body prepares itself to give birth
- Tools to work with birth – Techniques and practical skills that assist you mentally and physically, such as visualisations, meditation, massage, acupressure and active birth positioning
- The role of the partner – What your partner can do to help support you emotionally and physically on the day, as well as how to work together as a team
- Preparation for all birth journeys – Learn about different types of births (eg. ‘natural’, induction, Caesarean) and things to consider if things don’t go the way you planned
- Baby’s arrived, now what? – What to expect in the early days, breastfeeding and the importance of self-care during pregnancy, labour and the postpartum period